Monday, June 15, 2009

Time Keeps On Slipping into the Future

As I awoke this morning I realized that today is June 15. In addition to this being my friend Suzanne's birthday, it also marks the middle of the year--that's right, kids, 2009 is half over. I am continually amazed at the speed which pages of the calendar fall away. This year has been fairly chaotic for me so far, but now that I'm in a new location, I have visions of fun, ease and splendor on the brain.

So far my time in New Orleans has been enchanting--the festivals were great fun yesterday, with tasty food and lively Zydeco music, and my host Peaches has been a gem. Today reality sets in as I look for work so I can begin the process of establishing myself in my new city. There seems to be ample opportunity to get work, so I am envisioning the job search to be a quick and easy process.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Time speeding up is a symptom of aging and the first sign that you've reached middle age. Welcome and good luck today!

    ReplyDelete