Thursday, June 25, 2009

As the cookie crumbles...

Since I have lots of friends who are great cooks, it would be unfair of me to constantly focus on the delightful offerings that come out of Brandon's kitchen (although we did enjoy a lovely steak dinner last night, served with roasted potatoes mixed in with the green bean dish I prepared earlier this week). My friend Paul has some mad skills in the kitchen too, and one of his recent blog posts gives readers a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies. Of course, the recipe is preceded by a rant, but that's just how he rolls. Click here to check out the post.

I love these cookies! They're moist, chewy and delightfully doughy. Paul keeps the cookies in the fridge, and the cold chunks of chocolate are a true pleasure to enjoy. Even with my desire to be conscious of my food consumption, I can never say no to "just one" as we watch bad TV.

Paul's signature pie around the holidays is the shoo-fly pie, which is a gooey molasses confection. Apparently this pie is de rigueur in Pennsylvania, and it's always a delight to enjoy. Shoo-fly pie comes in two varieties--wet bottom and dry bottom. We partake of the wet bottom, and that's all I'm going to say on the subject. Perhaps he can be persuaded to share that recipe in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Your wish is my command: http://www.kitchenandresidentialdesign.com/2008/11/from-land-of-shoo-fly.html

    Thanks for the glowing review of my chocolate chippers!

    ReplyDelete