Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Fabulous Fins

Another late blog post as I worked during the day today--gotta' figure out a new schedule for posting on the site.

After another day of sweat and toil, I was treated to a luxurious dinner by Peaches. He works at GW Fins in the French Quarter and was offered a dinner for two as a thank you for all of the training he's been taking care of recently. I happily accepted his invitation, as this is one of the premiere seafood houses in New Orleans, and I was not disappointed by the experience.

Yes, I'm talking about food again, because you know that food is one of life's essential and ultimate pleasures. We started off with some smoked sizzling oysters and a shrimp cocktail--both were a delight, and the oysters really do sizzle as they are presented at the table. We enjoyed a couple of salads--I had the Creole tomato salad with onions, cucumbers, bleu cheese and a sherry vinaigrette, while Brandon had a Butter Lettuce salad with avocado, asparagus, roasted pepper, deviled eggs and Green Goddess dressing.

The entrees were also fabulous. I enjoyed a wood-grilled Pompano with a 6 melon salsa, plantain chips and crab meat, while Brandon had a rib eye served with onion strings and a fantastic sweet potato side(with bourbon and bananas). While I wanted to enjoy a dessert, I was simply too full from the glorious repast.

If you're in the Crescent City and looking for a gorgeous, upscale dining experience, check out GW Fins--it's suddenly become one of this Sybarite's go-to destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment