Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain

Short post this morning as I have to be in Tampa for an open house I committed to work.

My days of being an early riser are few and far between, having abandoned the 5am awakening to hit the gym before work long, long ago. Unlike some folks I know who can sleep the day away, I tend to get up around 7 or so. Knowing that I had to get up and take care of things before heading out this morning I set the alarm for 6 and hoped that I wouldn't languish in bed working the snooze button for 45 minutes, which is my typical MO.

I woke up today with the sound of rain beating down outside and smiled. I love the sound of rain in the morning, especially in Florida at this time of year, because you know that on most days the storm will pass in 10 to 15 minutes. Today was no exception; by the time my coffee was ready the storm was gone, and the sun began to light up the sky.

Yes, I know this means the day will probably be very sticky, helped in part by the morning moisture, but the morning shower outside my window did as much to get me going today as the shower I am about to jump in after breakfast.

So it's a simple pleasure today; waking up to the sounds of a summer rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment