Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Pleasure of a lazy Saturday

So today is my first full day as a New Orleanian, and besides making groceries at Rouse's this morning, it's been a lovely, lazy day. After two days of packing, driving and schlepping, I needed a day of down time to relax and recharge before gearing up for the job search.

I am so excited to be in the city. It's definitely come back to life, and there's a whirlwind of activities to enjoy. My gracious host and good friend Brandon (the infamous Peaches Muffaletta Jackson) will be joining me tomorrow to enjoy the three festivals that are going on this weekend: the Tomato Festival, Seafood Festival and Zydeco Festival. I can't wait!

To celebrate my arrival in the city yesterday I decided to sample some local cuisine and ended up at the Chartres House Cafe. The building has been in existence since 1795 and is located on the corner of Chartres and Toulouse in the French Quarter. While the bartender seemed annoyed to be at work, I enjoyed a great dish of Jambalaya, and the restaurant was a great nice place to relax and enjoy a meal without the cacophony of Bourbon Street.

Think it's time for a disco nap before heading out to explore some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment