Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Holy Guacamole!

I have the good fortune of being surrounded by good cooks. Most of my friends in Florida and my host here in New Orleans enjoy cooking and sharing delicously prepared meals. One of the most important pleasures in life is good food, and being around folks who know how to work with food provides an excellent opportunity to pick up tips and develop new skills.

Since my arrival, I have not prepared a lot of food; Brandon can pull off a delicious meal with a few basic ingredients in no time, and I've been content to enjoy his dishes. When he was at work last night I finally broke down and whipped up some guacamole.

I have been on a gaucamole kick for a couple of months now, and I'm not sure what brought it on. It's a simple dish, and the ingredients are good for the body. I found a recipe from one of my favorite celebrity chefs, Ina Garten (aka The Barefoot Contessa), and could not believe how quick the dish is to prepare. You can whip up a batch in under 10 minutes, and the results are tasty and incredibly satisfying.

The recipe is on Food Network's web site. Go here for the recipe.

If you have another recipe for great guacamole, please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment