Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mom, do you ever feel...less than fresh?

Don't panic--this post isn't about a mother and daughter strolling on the beach as they discuss feminine hygiene products, although that commercial always makes me giggle. I can't think of a better setting to have a heart to heart chat about douche...

I do want to talk about one of my favorite purveyors of personal grooming products, Nancy Boy. Based out of San Francisco, a friend turned me onto them several years ago, and my subsequent visits to my old stomping grounds allowed me to check out their store.

Developed by partners Eric and Jack, their website gives a history of the company, and promotes and ever-expanding line of shaving, bath and skincare products. They make a killer laundry detergent as well. I love their clean, fresh scents, especially as I am not one to go for over-the-top smells sold at the beauty counters in the mall.

One of the philosophies of the company is to invest their budget in product development rather than advertising. The conviction of satisfied customers proves to be their best source of advertising, and it obviously works.

If you happen to be in San Francisco, stop by their shop, located at 347 Hayes Street San Francisco, CA 94102. In addition to the personal products, they have a selection of cool, funky furniture. And every time I've shopped in the store, they always manage to throw something extra in the bag, on the house.

Folks who can't make it to the store should take some time to check them out online. If you're interested in trying their products, they offer great deals on travel sizes so you can sample their offerings without breaking the bank. They always throw in extras once you hit certain spending thresholds on the web and ship anywhere in the US. I encourage everyone to subscribe to their email blasts; they are always irreverent and funny.

Their philosophy of Tested on boyfriends, not animals is another great reason to give Nancy Boy a try.

1 comment: