Saturday, June 20, 2009

Luxury Bathing with Dr. Bronner

I've spent quite a bit of time on the pleasures of food this week, so today I decided to turn to another of life's little luxuries that makes even a dreary day brighter: bathing.

I relish my time spent under the nozzle of a nice hot shower, and find that a daily bathing ritual offers many people their only opportunity for some personal time to relax, recharge and contemplate. I don't have an elaborate bathing routine (in fact, I prefew to shave in the shower but my mirror didn't make it in the move), but I do enjoy the luxury of good soap. Brandon shares my love for several products produced by Dr. Bronner, and has two varities for indulgence in the bath.

I was first turned on to Dr. Bronner when I got a stocking stuffer of his peppermint soap many Christmases ago from my friend Paul. I was amazed how the soap could cool down the body even in the summer heat of Florida, and I always left the shower feeling tingly and refreshed. Sold in various sizes, I encourage everyone to add some peppermint soap to your bathroom.

Brandon also has a tea tree soap that's quite delightful. I've never used this soap with regularity, but it has a nice fragrance and leaves you feeling nice and clean.

Dr. Bronner's soaps are completely biodegradable and vegetable based, and in perusing their website today I discovered that their products are made with Certified Fair Trade and organic oils.

So step up your hygiene and indulge in another simple luxury that sets the sybarite apart from the simpleton. You can find Dr. Bronner products in most major retailers and specialty health food and grocery stores, or go here to order online. Your skin and soul will thank you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment