Monday, June 29, 2009

Sippin' on a cool one

As I was walking home from work this afternoon, the skies opened up and it began to pour. Lucky for me I was in the Quarter taking care of some business, and was only two blocks away from one of my local watering holes, so I decided to cool off and wait for the rain to pass--and wouldn't you know, Happy Hour had just begun! I smiled as I took a much needed rest and ordered up a libation that's been a favorite of mine recently, a sweet tea vodka and water.

Sweet tea vodka is very popular down here, and I had not been exposed to it previously. While I will never abandon the Ketel, this is actually a decent liquor, and the cocktails go down smooth (maybe a bit too smooth).

The brand they use at the Lantern is Dukes--not overly sweet and tastes great in a cocktail. Another popular brand is Firefly; we got a bottle at the package store the other day for about $23.

So if you're looking for a change of pace in your cocktail, order a sweet tea with water. It will quench your thirst and give you a buzz--truly a pleasure in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment