Sunday, November 1, 2009

Keys to the Kingdom

I am happy to report that I picked up the keys for my new place yesterday. I'm about to head out to gather some cleaning supplies (the last tenant's idea of "move-in ready" and mine differ quite a bit) and scrub everything down before emptying out the storage unit tomorrow. I'm very excited to have a space of my own and very, very grateful to Peaches for the limitless hospitality that's been shown since my arrival in New Orleans.

The streets were packed with costumed revelers last night for Halloween, but I opted out of the festivities because of work. By the time I left the hotel, the party was in full force, but I was not in the mood to join the drunken masses in the Quarter. Came home and watched "Elizabeth" instead--with my recent introduction to the wonderful series "The Tudors", the Anglophile in me has been reawakened with a vengeance. I fantasized about applying white makeup and a starched collar to announce my debut as the Virgin Queen, but realized that nobody would believe me...

Not much else to report. I will post some pictures of the new place over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment