Friday, November 13, 2009

And Ringo was his name-o

After a week of lying low and dealing with getting things put together in the new place, I went out last night to host Ringo at the Lantern. Ringo is Bingo but apparently the Catholic church in Louisiana has copyrighted the term Bingo, so no one can use the name for a game that is not affiliated with them. Lance typically hosts the weekly game as Sister Mary Isawhore, donning a habit and eye makeup and ever-changing pairs of outrageous glasses. As the good Sister is currently out of the country, I was asked to host this week's game and had a delightful time.

I've always enjoyed a good round of Sissy Bingo. We used to play every week in San Francisco (where one of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence was the hostess), and from time to time the St. Pete Single Ladies Card Club would venture out to partake in a round in Florida. In my youth I was a Bingo caller for a company that provided carnival-style entertainment for corporation's employee picnics, so I'm no stranger to picking up the mic and spinning the cage.

While I did not employ a festive outfit for last night's game, I did manage to impress the crowd with a fantastic pair of oversized cat-eye glasses that Peaches had given me several months ago. Pictures to follow. It took a game for me to get warmed up, but everyone seemed to have a lot of fun, and as the night continued and the liquor flowed, things get rowdier and raunchier. Just the break I needed on a Thursday.

2 comments:

  1. You were fantastic, Darling! Don't be surprised if Sister Mary is defrocked and disgraced and you replace her, by popular demand, as the new face of Tubby's Golden Lantern Ringo. You are a Ringo Star(r).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking fabulous! Such fetching eyewear! I didn't say "felching".

    ReplyDelete