Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Place to Hang My Hat

Ah, the pleasure of a quiet Sunday morning with coffee. I've managed to catch up on all my email, peruse all the blogs I like to frequent and prepare for a productive evening at work.

Since my last post, I've had the great fortune of finding a charming apartment. Deposit has been paid, and I can begin moving in next week. I will be living in the Treme, just around the corner from Peaches on Esplanade Avenue--close enough to walk down in my housedress to borrow a cup of sugar, or to stumble home after a night of music and revelry. The place has everything I was looking for--gated access to keep out the crazies, a porch of my own, onsite laundry and a gorgeous courtyard to enjoy. The space is a one bedroom that was originally the dining room of a very grand 19th century structure, and features the shuttered windows and high ceilings that embody New Orleans architecture. I'm excited to finally occupy a space of my own. For the past 2-3 years I've essentially lived out of a suitcase, so it's nice to know I can finally settle in one location for a while. There's plenty of room to accommodate guests, so once I get some furniture, all are welcome to visit. Did I mention there's a pool?

As a followup to my last post, I also had the privilege of talking with Irma Thomas on Friday, who was at the hotel to participate in a live radio broadcast that was used to promote the show she performed last night. I thought it was a kick to actually thank an artist for a wonderful concert, and she was very gracious and down to earth. Now I can say that I've met a Grammy winner.

Not much else to report today. Enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. CONGRADULATIONS!!!

    Looking forward to seeing your new lair but until then, some pictures would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete