Friday, October 2, 2009

Taking a MacBook for a drive

Greetings, gentle readers!

We've crawled into the final quarter of 2009, and I realized with regret this morning that it has been several weeks since my last post. Crazy work schedules and sheer laziness have contributed to my absence from the blogosphere, but I'm committing to once again become a more frequent poster.

And today, I'm writing from Peaches' new laptop, a MacBook he got from a friend for a song. My first computer experiences back in school were with the McIntosh that really brought Apple into the forefront of computing, back when Microsoft was still tweaking DOS. I've always admired the simplicity of Apple's systems, but find the cost of their equipment beyond my budget. Having twirled around on this computer for a couple of hours, though, I may have to save some pennies and bite the bullet once my wonderful Gateway laptop finally dies.

So no huge updates to report. I've begun looking at apartments, trying to determine where I want to hang my hat in the Crescent City. I am also preparing for a return to North Carolina next week for my 20th high school reunion. I'm a bit ambivalent about seeing all of these people from my past, but it will be nice to spend some time with the family and see almost of the Gouger clan (practically my second family growing up).

The sun is finally trying to peak through the clouds, and I'm determined to take advantage of the day as my next day off is next Thursday.

1 comment: