Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Singing and Slinging

Just a quick check-in post to let my legions of readers know that I'm still alive and kicking. Life has been consumed by work over the last few weeks, although I was able to enjoy a couple days of merriment with Peaches and my dear friend Gabriel at Southern Decadence Labor Day weekend. Gabriel came into town on Friday and Brandon had the weekend off, so we were able to hang out and drink in the sights of one of the biggest and craziest events I've witnessed yet in New Orleans. Peaches has lots of pics from the parade, so I won't post them here, with the exception of one, taken with one of my favorite local talents, Miss Giselle Bouvier:



There were lots of nice gentlemen in town for the event, and the streets were literally packed with throngs of men for three days. I saw some delights and some horrors, and realized how little shame some people have--that, or they must dress completely in the dark without the use of mirrors...

I worked breakfast/lunch at the hotel yesterday, and joined Brandon after work for a couple of Happy Hour libations. One of his co-workers, Adam, met up with us, and coerced us out of the usual haunt of the Golden Lantern over to Good Friends, where it was Karaoke night. What fun! One of the joys of my life is singing, and Brandon and I both wowed the crowd as we pulled out some true muscial gems. There was even a Patented Peaches Pants-drop during "Two Doors Down", but then again, Brandon always has a flair for showmanship. I'm sure future Tuesdays will involve singing at Good Friends, and next time I'll be sure to have my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment