Thursday, July 9, 2009

The luxury of on-site laundry

While I've posted in the past about my willingness to hit the local washateria to clean clothes, I was reminded this morning of the luxury of on-site laundry facilities while watching Brandon take his clothes out for a rinse and spin.

At the moment I'm forced to do laundry fairly frequently as most of my attire is in storage, and it's nice to be able to walk to the back courtyard and throw in a load while puttering around the house during the day. The one issue here is that the laundry facilities are shared among four condo's, and there is invariably that one person who never takes their clothes out of the dryer, and trust me, there is no luxury or pleasure in handling another's undergarments (unless that's your thing...)

I landed a job at the Roosevelt Hotel yesterday, and look forward to starting work there next week. In the meantime, I'm still slinging at the Crazy Lobster, and am eagerly anticipating a day off tomorrow. By that point I promise to pull it together and get back on track with Sybarite musings.

By the way, fans of Peaches will be happy to know that at long last, he's finally entered the blogosphere. Check out his blog here; I'm sure the tales will be many and highly entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job! It is strange to read the good news before I hear it but that is life in a digital age.

    ReplyDelete