Monday, August 10, 2009

A nice mellow Monday

Having worked my way through two pots of coffee this morning, I'm in a surprisingly mellow mood for a Monday. I've never been one of those Monday Haters, so it's nice to wake up and embrace the day.

I start training at the Roosevelt this evening, and have a very full schedule ahead of me. I agreed to be a guest post on my friend Paul's blog, Kitchen and Residential Design, so I'm trying to decide what to share with his vast readership. Hysterically, several of his guest posts have featured fabulous cocktail recipes, and Paul does not drink. Guess you really have to know him to find the humor.

Nothing really luxurious to share today; just the pleasure of listening to the rain while I catch up on neglected tasks and phone calls. I may indulge in another piece of delicious cake before going to work. The apple I had for breakfast more than offsets the sugar, carbs and calories in the confection, right?

1 comment:

  1. I also found the lychee-cucumber martini ironic, but a great recipe nonetheless. And the condo in Waikiki looked luxxxurious, just like you darling. Perhaps Paul will get an invite out to visit and can whip up a batch of lychee infused Shirley Temples with some Jamaica Tea Concentrate instead of grenadine to keep up with Adrienne's high test concoctions.

    Good luck today with your new J-O-B. I hope that the staff at the Roosevelt have been warned by the proper authorities that they will soon bask and shiver with delight in the shining presence of truly glorious royalty. I better call them right now to make sure.

    ReplyDelete